As part of its mission "to promote research collaboration, academic exchange, student education, and technology training and transfer," the China-US Joint Center holds annual workshops and periodic topical workshops. The links below provide additional information on the workshops held to date:
- 2016 Annual Workshop - “International Nexus of Food, Energy, Water, and Soil,” Yixin, Jiangsu Province, China, October 26-29, 2016
- 2015 Annual Workshop - "Critical Zone Science, Sustainability, and Services in a Changing World," Beck Agricultural Center (Purdue University) and the Holiday Inn Lafayette-City Center, West Lafayette, IN. U.S.A., October 22-24, 2015
- 2014 Annual Workshop - "Water, Energy, and Ecosystem Sustainable Development," Anhui Jinling Grand Hotel, Hefei, China, October 26-28, 2014
- 2013 Annual Workshop - "Environmental Health and Green Development," the Park Vista Hotel, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA, November 18-19, 2013
- China-US Joint Workshop on Biogeochemistry of Carbon and Nitrogen, Shenyang Agricultural University, China, June 27-28, 2013 (organized by JRCEEC's Collaborative Research Group of Biogeochemistry)
- US-China Workshop on Advances in Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology, hosted by Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, May 31-June 1, 2013
- Special Forum - "Frontiers in Environmental Research," hosted by the Chinese Academy of Sciences' Institute for Soil Sciences, June 1, 2013
- Summer Workshop 2013—UT undergraduates and Haslam Scholars Kenna Rewcastle and Imani Chatman spent six weeks in Shenyang, China completing a soil science research project ... [more]
- Summer Workshop 2013 - Bioreporters and their applications for the detection of toxicity and endocrine disrupting chemicals in the environment, May 20-June 10, 2013. Read the workshop report here.
- China-US Joint Workshop on Systems Biology for Environmental Sustainability, Shenyang, China, May 27-28, 2013
- Special Forum China - US Ecopartnership for Environmental Sustainability, Beijing, China, May 24, 2013
- 2012 Annual Workshop - "Land Use, Ecosystem Services, and Sustainable Development," Shenyang, China, September 17-19, 2012.
- 2011 Annual Workshop - "Global Sustainability Issues in Energy, Climate, Water, and Environment," Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (USA), September 26-29, 2011.
- 2010 Annual Workshop - "Energy, Ecosystem, and Environmental Change," Beijing, China, September 22-24, 2010.
- 2010 Topical Workshop, No. 2 - "Biotechnology of Bioenergy Plants," Beijing, China, September 19-21, 2010.
- 2010 Topical Workshop, No. 1 - "Sustainable Management of Soil and Water Resources,
Shenyang, China, January 5-8, 2010
- 2009 Topical Workshop - "Biotechnology of Bioenergy Plants," Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, November 16-17, 2009
- 2009 Annual Workshop - "The Climate-Energy Nexus," Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA, November 11-13, 2009
- 2008 Annual Workshop - "Bioenergy Consequences for Global Environmental Change," Beijing, China, October 15-17, 2008
- 2007 Annual Workshop - "Environmental Aspects of Bioenergy Production and Sustainability," Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, September 11-13, 2007
[Return to Top]